Whenever you are planning your travel, try visiting places that are located together to avoid travel time and make the best of your opportunity. Whenever you travel abroad, there are countries where you need a pre-approved visa to enter. While entering other countries, you can get a visa on arrival. Whenever you are travelling to any European country, you need a pre-approved visa called a Schengen visa.
Also Read – Indian Travellers’ Favorite Beach Destinations Revealed
If you are applying for a Schengen visa from India, then there is a whole process you must go through. You need the application forms, financial proofs, passport, photographs, and proofs of your complete itinerary. Proofs include your travel tickets, your return ticket, your proof of accommodation, and subsequent proof of the places you are going to travel to using the visa. There are many great places you can visit using this visa. Here are some of them, and read on to know how you can use this visa best.
Countries you can visit using Schengen Visa
- France – France is a place where you will enjoy the spoils of fashion, food, culture, monuments, and art in one place. You can visit museums that immortalise popular artists. You can indulge in French cuisine and stroll through the birthplace of luxurious fashion and couture. You can visit Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, and Arc de Triomphe to begin with. The world’s best wines come from France. You can visit vineyards and take a trip to see the whole wine process.
- Germany – Popular for its grand buildings and unique architecture, Germany is a hotspot for anyone who loves travelling. The castles, palaces, and monuments have immense historical importance. The time that visitors throng Germany is when the Oktober Fest is held. It is an amalgamation of food and beer. German beer is said to be the best in the world.
Also Read – Visiting Dubai for the First Time? Here are Some Things You Need to be Aware of
- Greece – Greece is known for its beautiful buildings and small islands. Loved by families and honeymooning couples alike, Greece has a rich tourism culture. The outdoor cafes and blue and white walls are signature elements of Greece. You can stay on a private island or a villa and enjoy the beauty of this place from the top.
- Spain – Home to one of the greatest architects of all time, Spain has lots to offer in terms of cultural history. The Gaudi buildings are a sight to behold, and the literature, arts, music, food, and beaches add to the magic. Spain is a country where football fans take the game very seriously. The fruits, wines, and local vegetables are an unmatched experience.
- Switzerland – Known for its snowy peaks and chocolates, Switzerland is a beautiful place. It is a good place for skiing and enjoying the natural beauty.
- Liechtenstein – It is one of the smallest countries in the world. This country has a prince who resides in the castle, and residents are invited to a beer and pretzel party once a year. This small nation has a very low population, and most people working here commute from Switzerland or Austria.
Also Read – 6 Reasons Why Indian Travellers Love to Holiday in the UAE
- Portugal – Portugal is a vibrant republic that houses some delightful islands and has robust beaches. You can go surfing or sailing, or you can enjoy the enthusiasm of locals towards football in a pub. Most people here speak in English, and the pace in this place is slow and relatively peaceful. If you are looking for a high-energy time, then look for the time Portugal Carnival is held. It is the most colourful gathering of people who enjoy music and dance together.
- Italy – The birthplace of pasta and pizza also offers some world-famous wines and is a beautiful place to visit. Vatican City, Colosseum, Leaning Tower of Pisa, The Blue Grotto, and The Canals are just some tourist spots you cannot miss. The rustic charm of every place in Italy is in the architecture that stands tall after centuries.
- Norway – Norway is often known as the land of the midnight sun. The days in Norway are long because the sun never sets. Visiting Norway is a pleasure in the warmer months as you can go hiking, berry-picking, cycling, or even kayaking. Norway is known for its beautiful skies, lakes, and fjords.
- Sweden – If you are the kind of tourist who likes a mix of sightseeing, museums, and activities, then Sweden is the perfect place for you. You can go for the land and water tour bus by Amphibious bus. You can go on a hop on and off the bus for sightseeing. You can visit the Paradox Museum or, if you are a fan, The ABBA Museum too.
Also Read – 4 Tips to Maximize Your First Visit to Dubai Mall
If you plan a trip using a Schengen visa, you will get access to the places that are the most loved travel destinations in the world. However, it is essential to remember that all of these countries have their currency which is higher than India’s rupee. Which means they are much more expensive in all ways. In such a case, if you have an incident that is out of your hands, it can set you back quite a bit.
This is the reason why you should buy travel insurance when you are visiting these countries. Most of them have made travel insurance mandatory since the beginning. However, it is in your favour to asses which policy you need to buy. Buy a policy that can protect you against baggage loss, passport and visa theft, and medical emergencies as well. Enjoy your vacation stress-free and gain the experience of a lifetime.
Also Read – Female Solo Travel Tips for India