This article will explain your questions about how to upload and download DP on WhatsApp. Have you ever wanted to upload a profile picture on WhatsApp with the best quality?
Below I’ve put together a guide to help you upload any profile picture you’d like, regardless of the type of device you use. You can also use this guide to download any WhatsApp DP.
Upload and Save WhatsApp Profile Pictures
WhatsApp is a social app that allows its users to change their profile pictures. For people who don’t know what WhatsApp DP is, it is the image that represents them on the platform? All popular social media platforms demands their users to upload a photo to be used for all interactions on the site.
You can also recognize someone on social media using their profile picture. For example, two coworkers may find each other on social media platforms with the help of their profile pictures.
A nice, clear picture of you on your WhatsApp profile makes it easy for people to add you to their chat lists and also helps your profile show off your personality. It’s also great to change if you want contacts to see what you’ve been up to.
How to Upload Your WhatsApp Profile Picture on Mobile
Uploading your WhatsApp profile picture is a simple process, and doesn’t take much time. Follow these steps to get started:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the Settings icon that you will see in the lower right corner of your mobile screen.
- Now tap on your profile icon that is present in the top left corner.
- On the next page, tap Edit again in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will have the option to take a quick selfie or choose a photo from your library. If you want to take a selfie, then tap the Take Photo option.
- If you want to choose photo option then select a good picture, then tap Select in the lower right corner.
How to Upload Your WhatsApp Profile Picture on the Desktop
It’s just as easy to change your profile picture on WhatsApp’s desktop app.
- If you want, open WhatsApp on your computer and log in.
- Click on your profile icon in the top left of the screen.
- Now click on your profile picture and select the upload photo option.
- Choose an image from your library and click Open in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now you need to scale and adjust your image.
- When you’re done, click the checkmark in the lower right corner.
You have successfully uploaded a WhatsApp profile picture within just a few seconds.
Why Does WhatsApp Decrease Your Picture Quality?
WhatsApp is a social application that aims to provide fast data transfer despite limited connectivity. To achieve this aim, it compresses the images you send to others. It automatically resizes images before they are sent to the recipient.
Even if the image you send to others is of high quality, WhatsApp reduces the image quality and size before sending. However, it does allow storage and data to be managed through the settings.
You can choose to download media files automatically only when you’re on Wi-Fi, on mobile data, or roaming and using less data for calls. With this setting, you can manage the media upload quality on your phone.
Tips for Choosing the Best DP on WhatsApp
When choosing a profile picture for WhatsApp, you should keep this in mind that, unlike other social media platforms, WhatsApp is one of those platforms where you chat with people you know – like friends and family. For this reason, you can choose a comfortable photo to upload.
In other words, don’t just use your LinkedIn profile picture – it’s not a good fit for your WhatsApp profile. Choose a photo in which you are smiling and looking welcoming. Choose a picture that reflects your personality.
And if you really must have your pet in your photo, maybe choose a photo where it’s with you, so people can still easily recognize that it’s you interacting with them.
Whichever photo you choose, make sure it is a head and shoulders or above-neck photo.
Note: You will need to remember this is a profile image, not a photo upload, so should use a full-body photo for your status updates only.
Download WhatsApp Profile Picture on Android
If you want to save WhatsApp DP on your Android device, you will need to start this process by launching WhatsApp and tapping on the photo of the contact you want to save.
Then, you will take the screenshot by simultaneously pressing the key combination provided for it.
- Launch WhatsApp on your device, and tap on the Chats tab in the top left.
- Click the cloud icon in the lower right corner and scroll through your Contacts screen until you see the profile picture you want to save.
- The app taps the profile picture thumbnail to view the picture in full screen. Alternatively, once you’ve reached your Contacts list window, tap on the name of the person whose profile picture you want to save. Tap their name again at the top, and in the information screen that appears, tab their profile picture to view it full screen.
- Saving an image is not a difficult task, you need to take a screenshot. You have to press either Power + Home or Power + Volume Up at the same time. This can varies depending on the brand or model of your phone.
- Once you’ve taken a screenshot, you have the option of cropping it to remove any aspect of the screen other than the image you want to save. With the help of this, your saved image will look more professional.
Download WhatsApp Picture on a PC or Mac
If you want to download WhatsApp DP from your computer, you’ll need to access WhatsApp through the browser client WhatsApp Web. Then you will open the chat of the person with a profile photo you like and want to download.
- First, you need to access WhatsApp through the WhatsApp web client for Windows or macOS.
- You have to select either Pencil or Cloud in the top left.
- When a box appears on the right, click on the picture for the profile and the picture will go full screen.
Windows – Open the Capture tool by pressing Win+Shift+S on your keyboard. Select New and hold down the left mouse button to select the portion of the screen you want to capture.
To take a screenshot, release the left button and then click on the floppy disk icon to save the image.
macOS – Mac users will also need to press a sequence of buttons. Press Cmd+shift+4, and while holding down the left mouse button, select the portion of the screen that can be captured.
Release the button to capture the screenshot and it will be saved to a specified folder or desktop.
Now we have come to the end of the guide and I hope my information helped you in uploading and downloading any WhatsApp DP. Unfortunately, the development team of WhatsApp decided that having a feature that allows you to save a profile picture directly is not a good idea, so it has been removed. But now you have a better idea of how to deal with this query.