Instagram, the popular photo and video sharing platform, is home to countless captivating videos that we often wish we could download and enjoy offline. Downloading Instagram videos may seem like a far of a dream owing to the absence of the download button on that app, but with some easy methods at your fingertips, you can effortlessly save and enjoy your favorite content offline. While Instagram itself doesn’t provide a direct download option, fear not! In this blog post, we will reveal some easy and user-friendly ways to download Instagram videos and enjoy them anytime, anywhere.
Method 1: Utilizing Third-Party Apps
This is the best way to download any Instagram video easily to your device. If you prefer a dedicated app for downloading Instagram videos, there are numerous third-party apps available. One popular option is iGram that works for Android and iOS. Here’s how to use such apps:
- Download and install the chosen app from your device’s app store make sure you are downloading the app from a reliable source. Some online tools on browsers do not require you to download them.
- Open the Instagram app and find the video you wish to download.
- Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner of the post, then select “Copy URl”.
- Open the video downloader app and paste the copied link.
- Tap the “Download” button, and let the app work its way to download the content for you using AI powered API Indexing technology.
- Once the download is complete, the video will be saved to your device’s gallery.
Using these third-party apps you can easily view and download any Instagram content to your device in original size and HD quality. You do not have to go through lengthy procedures to get the video.
Method 2: Screen Recording
Screen recording can be a practical solution when it comes to downloading Instagram videos and reels. Most smart phones have a built-in screen recording feature to facilitate download of any video content from the app. Follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and locate the video you want to download.
- Activate the screen recording feature on your device.
- For Android, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the “Screen Record” option. For iOS, go to the Control Center and tap the “Screen Recording” icon.
- Start the screen recording and play the video on Instagram.
- After the video finishes playing, stop the screen recording.
- The recorded video will be saved to your device’s gallery, ready to be enjoyed offline.
The limitation that this method sees is that you do not get just the video you are getting a recording of the entire screen. You can further use screen recording editors to crop of the unwanted part but it is a hassle.