Are you interested in making a career in the agriculture field? But you don’t know which course will give you better job opportunities and careers. This blog will help you as a guide in understanding the career scope provided by different agriculture courses and agriculture colleges in MP from where you can pursue this course.
|Table of Contents
● What are Agriculture courses all about?
● Agriculture courses offered by the best University in MP- MGU
● Why should you choose agriculture as a career?
● Why choose Mansarovar Global University in Bhopal for agriculture courses?
● Frequently Asked Questions
What are Agriculture courses all about?
Agriculture is a branch of science that deals with the study of numerous scientific, technological, and business topics associated with farming, horticulture, farm management, poultry, agricultural biotechnology, dairy farming, etc. With the latest industry innovation & research, the number of job options in the agriculture field has expanded in recent years.
Agriculture courses offered by the best University in MP- MGU
- Bachelor of Science in agriculture– It is an undergraduate course of 4 years course duration provided by the best University in MP and various Universities and colleges in India. In this course, students learn how to apply modern technologies and techniques in the agriculture field.
Eligibility Criteria– Students must have Passed with 50% aggregate marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics, or Agriculture. State Govt. norms are applied to give reservations to the reserved category students.
Career opportunities after studying at BSC agriculture college in MP–
After completing BSC, students can find jobs in the public and private sectors.
- Private sector jobs– Farm manager, Extention officer, Agri-preneurship, agriculture research scientist, social forestry officer, teak plantation manager, seed/nursery manager, etc. jobs are available in the private sector for BSC agriculture graduates.
- Government sector jobs– BSC graduates can get this job by clearing competitive examinations such as UPSC, state food safety officer exams, SSC, and IBPS exams –
agriculture officer, food safety officer, forest officer, and agriculture specialist officer.
- Master of science in agriculture– MSc in Agriculture, is a 2-year full-time master’s degree program that covers the science of agriculture and diverse agricultural practices. This course offers various specializations to the students to hold command over a specific niche. And the specializations are Biotechnology, horticulture, plant physiology, agricultural economics, agriculture business management, agronomy, entomology, etc.
Eligibility Criteria– Students must have Passed with 50% aggregate marks in BSC Agriculture or Horticulture or equivalent. State Govt. norms are applied to give reservations to the reserved category students.
Career opportunities after studying at MSC agriculture college in Bhopal–
MSC agriculture has brighter career prospects than BSC graduates as post-graduate students have strong command over the subject.
- MSC freshers can get jobs such as crop management specialists, literature researchers, credit managers, and agricultural operations managers.
- An experienced MSC graduate can get jobs such as senior plant breeder, Agro marketing head, senior research scientist, and Senior agro product manager.
- Diploma in Agriculture– This is a two-year Diploma in Agriculture program offered by an agriculture college in MP that covers a variety of agricultural practices, agricultural chemistry, agricultural extension, crop and animal management, and other topics. Students who want to join the agriculture field right after class 10th can opt for this course.
Eligibility criteria– Students must be Passed with 50% aggregate marks in the 10th Board. Relaxation is provided to the reserved category students as per State Govt. norms.
Career opportunities after studying for a diploma in agriculture-
After completing a Diploma in agriculture students can apply for agriculturist, dairy plant manager, seed production executive, and Agri marketing associate.
Why should you choose agriculture as a career?
- Government Initiative– The government of India has recently taken many initiatives for the welfare of farmers and agriculture that will boost the agriculture sector.
- In the 2023-24 Union budget, the Agricultural research and education department is allocated Rs. 1.25 lakh crore.
- Approximately Rs. 600 crores for the advancement of the agricultural industry through technology, in addition to the Rs. 450 crores set aside for the Digital Agriculture Mission.
- High-paying jobs– Corporate employees well settled abroad, leaving their job to pursue a career in agriculture. A career in agriculture is not only satisfying but also gives you lucrative packages both in business and jobs.
Some of the highest-paying jobs in this sector–
- Indian forest service officer
- Food scientist
- Environmental engineer
- Agricultural lawyer
- Agricultural operations manager
- Animal Geneticist
- Agricultural engineer
- Agronomy sales manager
- Bioinformatics scientist
- Agricultural economist
- Agronomy sales manager
Why choose Mansarovar Global University in Bhopal for agriculture courses?
Established in 2018, this is a reputed University providing Agriculture, pharmacy, engineering, management, law, computer science, library science, fashion and animation, hotel management, etc. courses under their umbrella.
- At MGU students are provided with theoretical, practical, professional, and technical training to make a flourishing career in the field of agriculture.
- Students’ creativity and critical thinking are encouraged.
- Placement opportunities.
- Well-build infrastructure with agricultural science labs with modern tools and technologies.
- Qualified teachers with years of experience in this field.
To sum up,
India is an agrarian country, and hence the demand for agriculture graduates will keep on rising. And you can learn modern technology through the MSC course in agriculture college in MP and sow a seed of a successful future.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which subjects are taught in MSC at the agriculture college in MP?
List of subjects taught in MSC agriculture –
- Plant Biochemistry
- Principles of nematology
- Basic plant breeding
- Agricultural statistics
- Principles of cytogenetics
- Microeconomic theory and application
- Irrigation management
- Basic horticulture
- Cropping system and sustainable agriculture
2. Which are the top recruiter firms that hire agriculture graduates?
Top recruiters’ firms that hire agriculture graduates are as follows-
- Bayer crop science
- Buhler India
- Coromandel Fertilizers
- Advanta limited
- ABT Industries
- DuPont India
- National Agro Industries
3. Can BSC graduates get job opportunities abroad?
Yes, BSC graduates get enormous job opportunities in countries like the USA, Australia, Netherlands, Italy, Brazil, Belgium, and Germany in the position of agriculture officer, seed officer, marketing executive, agricultural research scientist, assistant plantation manager, Business development executive, etc.
4. What are the skills required for a successful career in the agriculture field?
Farm operations, technological skills, understanding of post-harvest causes and mitigation, interpersonal skills, adaptability, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge of the value chain are certain essential skills that are required to have a successful career in the agriculture field.