Life comes with unpredictable situations and events. It is hard to control and plan everything in advance because of the uncertainty involved. To limit the burden of medical emergencies that come along with unfortunate events, health insurance is necessary. It not only covers medical expenses but also provides additional benefits with every plan. In this blog, we will discuss everything about one such plan, which is personal accident insurance.
Personal Accident Insurance
The personal accident insurance policy provides financial protection against unfortunate events like accidental deaths, accidental injuries, partial/total disability, etc. In case of accidental deaths, the nominee gets 100% compensation. Moreover, There are two types of personal accident insurance:
- Individual Accident Insurance: Individual accident insurance covers you in case of accidental damage. It includes coverage for accidental deaths, loss of limbs or sight, or any other permanent disability due to an accident.
- Group Accident Insurance: Group accident insurance is coverage provided for a group of employees. It is offered by the employer or the company to its employees, and thus, the premium is paid by the employer or the company itself.
Coverage of Accidental Insurance Plan
You must be aware of the coverage an accident plan provides before buying a plan for yourself and your family. Below mentioned points will give you key information about the coverage:
- Accidental Death Cover: An accident does not only shatter the life of an individual, but it also has a great impact on the family as well. To support your family, the sum insured is paid to the nominee in case of fatal injuries.
- Permanent Partial Disability Cover: In case of bodily injury or partial disability caused due to an accident, then a certain percentage of the benefit is paid.
- Permanent Disability Cover: A particular sum insured is paid to you in case of permanent disability or lifelong impairment such as loss of limbs.
- Temporary Total Disability: A weekly allowance is provided by the insurer to compensate for the loss of income in case you are bedridden due to an accident.
The Process to File an Accident Insurance Claims
In case you met an accident and you now need to file an insurance claim, you must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: You first need to inform the insurer within 24 hours of hospitalisation due to an accident. You can either do this by contacting customer care or through the website of the insurer.
- Step 2: The insurer will ask for policy-related documents, including health ID, purchase receipt, premium receipts, etc., in order to start the process of verification.
- Step 3: After this, you are required to fill policy claim form with the significant documents. After filling out the form, submit it to the insurer or Third-Part Administrator.
- Step 4: The insurer can ask you to attach copies of verification documents such as ID proof, address proof, etc., according to the policy of the insurance company.
- Step 5: After receiving the request for the claim and documents, the insurer will conduct scrutiny of the claim and the accident. This ensures the insurance company about the accident.
- Step 6: If the company gets satisfied with the verification, It starts the process of claim settlement. If the claim is rejected, the company may ask you to submit other documents.
Advantages of Accident Policy
Any health policy gives provides you with various advantages. Similarly, accident policy comes with different key benefits to deal with emergency situations:
- It provides security to the family.
- It does not require medical tests and documentation.
- It provides worldwide coverage and is not limited to any geography.
- It offers individual and family plans.
- It covers legal and funeral expenses.
- It provides customisable plans.
- It provides the benefit of child education.
Because of the rising number of road accidents, you must take care of yourself and your family against any unfortunate event. For this, a best health insurance plan will support you financially as well as mentally. It helps you at the worst time and provides you with adequate support.
If you are looking to cover your loved ones under a health plan, you must end your search and opt for plans offered by Niva Bupa. We bring you excellent customer service with years of experience and the top choice of policyholders. So what are you waiting for? Cover your loved one today!