Australia has one of the best education systems in the world and offers a very wide variety of courses, degrees and educational institutions. Therefore, studying in Australia is fashionable. There is a wide variety of course types that you can study in Australia. The most common courses among the international student community are English language courses, professional training courses, and university or postgraduate courses.
If you want to study English in Australia, you have the option to choose between different types of courses. You can study the course that suits you best or do a combination of several, according to your needs, both personal and professional.
- General English: these are intensive English courses of approximately 25 hours per week. In all Australian cities there are schools to learn English and, in each of them, there are different levels. Depending on your level, the school will be in charge of placing you in one class or another and you will access higher levels according to your learning pace.
- Academic courses to study at the university: these are courses that require a previous examination for your admission and that serve to prepare your access to the Australian university.
- Business English courses: these are specialized courses to enhance the communication skills necessary within your professional area.
Preparation courses for Official Exams
If, in addition to learning English by studying in Australia, you want to obtain an official certificate, you can do so through the courses that prepare you to take the official exams.
There are two types of certificates: the Cambridge English exams and the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
As regards the Cambridge exams, there are different titles depending on the level of specialization:
- Preliminary English Test (PET): Intermediate level
- First Certificate in English (FCE): upper-intermediate level
- Certificate in Advance English (CAE): advanced level
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): post-advanced level
On the other hand, the IELTS is a certificate with a single level similar to the CAE and is focused on those who want to enroll in the university in Australia; do VET and TAFE courses in Australia; and to those who want to obtain a visa that requires a certain level of English. Study English in Australia
VET or TAFE Vocational Training Courses
Vocational training courses can be studied in public or private schools. VET (Vocational Education and Training) courses are offered by private schools, while TAFE courses are taught in public schools. Both types of courses prepare you for very diverse professions and trades, opening the doors to both the job market and the university. In addition, within these courses you will find a wide variety of professional branches to study in Australia:
- Business agency
- International Business
- Business Administration
- Financial studies
- Management and Marketing Course
- Accounting- Hospitality and tourism
- Technological information
- Graphic design
- Photography and video
- Public relations
- Early Childhood Education
- Industry / Hotel management
- Natural therapies
- Fitness and sports
Depending on the type of course and certificate you want to access, the level of English required may be that obtained through an official certificate or simply through a small test from the school that checks your level of comprehension.
Courses for Bachelor/Masters/Doctorate degree
According to rankings published in recent years, some of the best Australian universities are among the first in the world, competing with prestigious American and European institutions. For this reason, the country has acquired a great reputation among international students. You can study any type of university, master’s or postgraduate degree, but keep in mind that it is much more expensive than studying a professional training course.
If you want more information about studying any type of course in Australia, do not hesitate to search for courses on CatEight.com. It’s a one-stop course and application platform that enables you to find courses provided by educational institutions across Ausralia, and submit your course application online.