It’s Friday night, you’ve made it through the week, and you’re ready to put your feet up and have some fun. You know what that means: movie night!
But which movie? What are you going to watch? How do you pick something that will make this night one of the best ever?
We’ve got you covered. Here are 3 ways to make your next movie night one to remember.
Go old school. Don’t just pick any old movie—try going back in time with classics like The Godfather or Annie Hall. You’ll get to experience great actors and actresses at their best, plus see some of those classic scenes or lines again (and maybe even laugh at them differently). It’s a great way to feel nostalgic without having to look back too far into your past!
Pick something new! If classics aren’t really your scene, try picking something newer—something people might not have seen before. The newest Star Wars movie is coming out soon, so maybe try watching some of the older ones first so everyone can get caught up before the new one comes out! Or check out some superhero films like Iron Man or Spider-Man (they’re always good for laughs).
Once you have your movie picked out, grab some grub!
Once you’ve got your movie picked out, grab some grub!
You know what goes great with watching a movie? Food. And while you might think that the best way to eat while watching a movie is with popcorn and soda, I’m going to challenge you to rethink that. The next time you’re cuddled up on the couch with your favorite snack foods in front of your TV screen, try these ideas instead:
1) Dip strawberries in chocolate and place them on graham crackers for a simple yet delicious treat.
2) Slice an apple into thin slices or wedges and dip it into melted peanut butter—you can even add raisins if you want something sweet!
3) Create an easy cheese platter by spreading slices of Swiss cheese onto crackers or baguette slices (or both!). Then add olives, grapes, dried cherries or other fruit, nuts… the possibilities are endless! You could even throw in some salami or prosciutto for a heartier snack.
4) Sprinkle popcorn with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until browned. Then top with chopped green onions and serve immediately!
Cannabis might be a movies best friend!
If you’re looking for a fun, new way to get high, THC gummies are a great option. They’re delicious and easy to consume, and they don’t have that “weedy” smell that might turn off some people. Plus, there are so many different kinds of edibles available—you can find anything from gummy bears to chocolate bars to sour gummies!
But what if you want something more than just eating them? What if you want to feel like your favorite movie character while you take in the experience of your favorite movie? If so, we have some great news: eating THC gummies while watching a movie is a blast! Here’s how it works:
- Find your favorite movie or TV show with characters whose personalities match up with the effects of marijuana (if you don’t know what those are yet, check out Leafly’s guide).
- Watch the show or movie while eating THC gummies (we recommend starting with one gummy at first).
Find a friend to watch a movie with!
Is there anything better than watching a movie with a friend?
No. The answer is no.
It’s true, we’re all busy and sometimes it feels like we just don’t have the time to watch a movie with our friends anymore. But trust us—you do! You just need to be strategic about it, and you’ll find that you’ll find yourself spending more quality time with your buddies than ever before.
Here are some easy ways to find a friend and watch a movie together:
1) Call up an old friend and ask them if they’re free tonight, then invite them over for dinner or something else fun. Just make sure it’s low-key so that you can still stay up later than usual if you want to watch a movie together!
2) Meet up at the park or go for a walk somewhere scenic—you’ll both feel good about yourself afterwards, plus you can catch up on some gossip while you’re out there.
3) If all else fails, bring your laptop into bed with you and stream something online while wearing headphones—that way they won’t be able to hear what’s happening in the movie (unless they peek over your shoulder).
Comedy movies are the best
I mean, I’m not just saying that because I’m a huge comedy fan. I’m saying it because comedy is one of the most difficult genres to write, and the writers who do it well deserve every bit of recognition they get.
Here are three reasons why comedy movies are so great:
You can watch them with anyone! There’s no age limit or language barrier—if you can read or understand English (or whatever language your movie is in), then you can watch a comedy. And if you can’t read at all? Well, there’s always subtitles!
They’re fun! If you like laughing and having a good time, then comedy is for you!
They’re often filled with memorable characters and scenes that stick with you forever! Some of my favorite comedies include “The Princess Bride,” “The Big Lebowski,” and “Spinal Tap.”