Are you one of those individuals who value comfort above everything else? If so, then you understand the significance of finding the perfect seating position, especially when it comes to your beloved recliner chair. A recliner chair offers a great way to relax, unwind, and enjoy your favorite activities. However, if the height of your recliner chair doesn’t match your needs, it can lead to discomfort and dissatisfaction.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore various methods to make a recliner chair higher. From simple adjustments to DIY modifications, we’ll cover everything you need to know to elevate your seating experience. So, let’s dive in and discover how to make a recliner chair higher!
How to Make a Recliner Chair Higher: Simple Adjustments
1. Adjusting the Recliner Chair Mechanism
One of the easiest ways to make your recliner chair higher is by adjusting its built-in mechanism. Most recliners have a lever or knob that allows you to control the reclining angle. By manipulating this mechanism, you can change the height of the chair. Follow these steps to adjust your recliner chair:
- Locate the recliner’s adjustment lever or knob, usually positioned on the side or beneath the seat.
- Experiment with different positions and angles by gently pushing or pulling the lever or knob.
- Test the chair after each adjustment to find the ideal height and reclining position that suits you best.
Pro Tip: If you’re unsure about your recliner’s mechanism or need more specific instructions, refer to the manufacturer’s manual or contact their customer support for guidance.
2. Adding Seat Cushions or Pillows
If adjusting the mechanism doesn’t provide the desired height, adding seat cushions or pillows can be an effective solution. This simple yet practical method not only elevates the height but also enhances your comfort. Follow these steps to make your recliner chair higher with cushions or pillows:
- Measure the seat dimensions of your recliner chair to ensure the cushions or pillows fit properly.
- Choose high-quality seat cushions or pillows that provide adequate support and maintain their shape.
- Place the cushions or pillows on the recliner seat, adjusting them for optimum height and comfort.
- Test the chair by sitting on it to ensure the height and support are suitable for your needs.
Pro Tip: Opt for memory foam cushions or orthopedic pillows for better comfort and support. These materials conform to your body shape, providing excellent pressure relief.
DIY Modifications: Customizing Your Recliner Chair
If the aforementioned adjustments don’t meet your requirements, you can consider more advanced techniques to make your recliner chair higher. These DIY modifications allow you to tailor the chair’s height precisely according to your preferences. However, keep in mind that such modifications might void your recliner’s warranty, so proceed with caution.
3. Using Recliner Chair Risers
Recliner chair risers offer a convenient solution to increase the height of your chair without compromising its stability. These risers are specially designed to fit various recliner models and are available in different heights and materials. Follow these steps to use recliner chair risers effectively:
- Measure the base dimensions of your recliner chair to determine the appropriate size of the risers you need. 2. Purchase high-quality recliner chair risers from a reputable supplier or retailer.
- Carefully read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the risers.
- Lift the recliner chair slightly and place the risers under each leg or base, ensuring they are securely in position.
- Gently lower the chair onto the risers and test its stability and comfort.
- Make any necessary adjustments to ensure the chair is level and stable.
Pro Tip: Look for risers that have non-slip rubber bottoms to prevent any sliding or movement of the chair.
4. Building a Platform Base
If you’re feeling particularly handy and want a more permanent solution, building a platform base for your recliner chair can be a rewarding project. This DIY modification allows you to customize the height and design of the base according to your preferences. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to build a platform base:
- Measure the dimensions of your recliner chair to determine the size of the platform base.
- Select a sturdy and durable material for the base, such as plywood or hardwood.
- Cut the material into the desired shape and size, ensuring it provides a stable foundation for the chair.
- Sand the edges and surfaces of the base to achieve a smooth finish.
- Apply a protective coat of paint or varnish to enhance the durability and aesthetics of the base.
- Attach furniture glides or rubber pads to the bottom of the base to prevent scratching or damage to the floor.
- Carefully lift the recliner chair and place it on top of the platform base, ensuring it is centered and stable.
- Test the chair to ensure it is at the desired height and provides adequate support.
Pro Tip: Consider adding additional features to the platform base, such as storage compartments or integrated power outlets for added functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: Can I make my recliner chair higher without modifying it?
- Yes, you can make your recliner chair higher without modifying it by using seat cushions, pillows, or even folded blankets to elevate the seating position.
- Q: Are recliner chair risers safe to use?
- Recliner chair risers are generally safe to use if properly installed. Make sure to choose high-quality risers and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation to ensure stability and safety.
- Q: Will DIY modifications void my recliner chair’s warranty?
- Yes, DIY modifications have the potential to void your recliner chair’s warranty. It’s important to check your warranty terms and consider the consequences before making any modifications.
- Q: Can I hire a professional to modify my recliner chair?
- Yes, you can hire a professional furniture repair or modification service to make your recliner chair higher. They have the expertise and experience to customize your chair without voiding the warranty.
- Q: How much does it cost to make a recliner chair higher?
- The cost of making a recliner chair higher depends on the method you choose. Simple adjustments like adding cushions or pillows are affordable, while purchasing risers or building a platform base may involve additional expenses.
- Q: Can I revert the modifications and restore my recliner chair to its original height?
- In most cases, you can revert the modifications and restore your recliner chair to its original height. However, it’s essential to carefully follow the instructions provided during the modification process.
Conclusion: Elevate Your Seating Comfort
Finding the perfect seating position is essential for optimal comfort, especially when it comes to recliner chairs. By following the methods outlined in this article, you can easily make your recliner chair higher and enhance your seating comfort. Whether you choose to make simple adjustments, add cushions or pillows, use recliner chair risers, or even build a platform base, there’s a solution that suits your needs.
Remember to always consider the manufacturer’s instructions and warranty terms before making any modifications. If you’re unsure or prefer professional assistance, don’t hesitate to hire a furniture repair or modification service.
Now that you have the knowledge and tools to elevate your recliner chair, go ahead and customize it to your desired height. Say goodbye to discomfort and hello to a new level of relaxation and enjoyment!