Jailbreak utilities are starting to make a comeback, but they don’t support all devices and/or firmware. That’s not too much of a problem because there are plenty of Cydia alternatives to choose from, with one of the top-rated ones being AppEven. It works perfectly well without a jailbreak, is free to use, and provides users with one of the best unofficial app experiences ever. Here’s everything you need to know.
Not only is AppEven free and works without a jailbreak, but it also offers a ton of cool apps and games, including:
- Official Apps – iOS app store apps for free, including unofficial apps
- Unofficial Apps – streaming apps, tweaks, screen recorders, emulators, and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps tweaked with new features
- Modified Games – stock games modified with new features and in-app features unlocked
How to Download AppEven:
Downloading AppEven is easy to do:
- Use Safari browser to open the AppEven download page
- Download a configuration profile
- Tap Allow on the popup message
- Tap Install, and your Settings app will open
- Tap Install Profile and type in your device passcode
- When Safari opens again, tap Install AppEven
- Tap Install, and Settings opens again
- Tap Install > Next > Done and the icon will be on your home page when the installation has finished.
How to Use AppEven:
AppEven is also simple to use:
- Launch AppEven and tap on Apps
- Choose one of the app categories
- Find something to download and tap it
- Tap Install
- Follow the in-app installation directions and the icon loads on your home screen
Frequently Asked Questions:
These are the questions we get asked the most frequently about AppEven:
How to Fix the Untrusted Developer Issue?
- Launch iOS Settings and tap General
- Tap Profiles and tap on the developer name in the list
- Tap on the Trust/Verify button and come out of Settings
The error should be gone
Will AppEven Affect My Warranty?
No. AppEven does not require a jailbreak, so it doesn’t require root access. This means it is legal to use and doesn’t circumvent Apple’s security. However, there are a few tweaks that may change how your device works and these can affect your warranty. If the need arises, these can be deleted and reinstalled later on.
I Get an Error Message Telling Me AppEven Cannot be Downloaded or Verified
This usually happens when Apple revokes the app certificate because AppEven is unofficial. The easiest way to fix it is to delete AppEven and wait a couple of hours before trying again. By then, the certificate should have been replaced.
This error can also appear when you use a modified app with the stock version still on your device. Delete stock apps before you download modified and tweaked apps to avoid conflicts.
I Get an Error Message Saying “Can’t Connect to AppEven”
Again, this is because the certificate has been revoked. This time, leave things be for a couple of hours and try again. Once the certificate has been replaced, try using it again.
Is There a Way of Requesting Apps and Games?
You can place your request on the developer’s official Twitter feed but there is no guarantee they will find what you want.
Common AppEven Errors and Solutions
AppEven may be reliable but some users are reporting the following errors. These are all easy to fix:
Blank Screen/Greyed-Out Icon
- Launch Settings > Safari
- Tap on Clear Website Data
- The screen should be clear now
AppEven Has Stopped Working
This is because Apple cannot verify the developer but you can:
- Delete AppEven
- Reinstall it and launch iOS Settings
- Tap on General > Profiles
- Tap on AppEven in the list and tap Trust
- The app will now work
Invalid Argument Supplied
This isn’t as complicated as it looks
- Delete AppEven and reinstall it
- Turn your device off and wait for a minute
- Power it back on and launch AppEven
- Apply any available updates
Cannot Download AppEven
You probably already have an earlier version of the app on your device:
- Delete AppEven
- Reboot your device and install it again – it should now work
Profile Installation Failed
Usually, the servers are overloaded with traffic so wait a few hours and try again. If the error is still there, try this:
- Enable Airplane mode
- Launch Settings
- Tap on Safari > Clear History & Website Data > Clear History & Data
- Disable Airplane mode and wait a couple of minutes
- Install AppEven and it should work
All My Apps Crashed
This is because the certificate has been revoked. Delete AppEven and reinstall it. Then install a VPN or anti-revoke app to stop this from happening again.
Try AppEven on your iPhone or iPad today. It’s free to use and is one of the best unofficial app installers in the world, offering far more than the stock app store does.