While building a website there are three steps you have to follow, the first one is to choose a domain, the second one is to select a web hosting and the third one is to connect them together to get your website up and running.
If you have bought a domain and hosting then we can start the process to connect the domain with hosting.
The easiest and the best way to connect your web hosting with your domain is by changing the domain nameservers.
Here we will be using Godaddy and Hostcano as an example to demonstrate the process, but you can point your domain to any hosting provider with this process.
How To Connect Domain With Hosting: Step by Step Guide.
Step1: Find the Nameservers
- The first step will be to find the nameservers from your hosting provider.
There are two steps with which you can find the nameservers,
1st: After purchasing hosting you will get a mail from your hosting provider which will have nameservers mentioned in it.
2nd: You have to log in to your hosting account and go to your hosting information. There you will get your hosting nameservers.
Nameservers are represented like this, hosting providers generally provide two nameservers.
- You have to note down those nameservers because you will need to enter them after going to your domain provider’s control panel.
Step 2: Save those Nameservers into your Domain Registrar.
The next step is to insert the new nameservers replacing the old ones.
- Login to the domain providers dashboard and go to the My Products section, where you will find all your purchased domains.
Now click on the DNS option and then you will see “Add Nameservers” button below where you can add the nameservers from your hosting provider.
- This is the final step. After this step most probably it will take one to two days to reflect the nameservers on your domain. It is the time taken to register your nameservers on your domain provider’s servers.
Note: Now because the processes have become faster the changes can get reflected even in one to two hours.
How to install WordPress on hosting.
According to the stats, Around 44% of websites on internet are powered by WordPress. WordPress is easy to install and use and you don’t need any programming knowledge to handle it.
Installing WordPress manually from its website into your website is not an easy process and takes time. Therefore, Most of the reputed hosting companies provide single click WordPress install with their hosting plan.
Now let’s discuss how you can install WordPress on your cPanel hosting with the help 1-click install scripts like softaculous.
Step 1: Access C- Panel from your hosting platform.
- Login to your hosting provider’s dashboard, go to your purchased web hosting and open cPanel.
Step 2: Select WordPress Manager by Softaculous.
- Scroll below and you will see one option named “WordPress Manager by Softaculous”. Select that option.
Step 3: Install WordPress
- Now will get directed to the WordPress installation panel where you have to click on the Install option. Thereafter you will have to select few installation options given by your specific domain provider.
- Now the WordPress will get installed on your web hosting. That’s it, now you can access WordPress through cPanel or with this url.
Note: You need to add your domain name in place of “domain”.
So, we hope you understood the complete procedure on how to connect domain with hosting and how to install WordPress on hosting.
The process we have explained is pretty simple and beginner-friendly which will ease you in your installation process.
You just need two nameservers from your hosting provider and connect them with your domain provider, through this your web hosting will be able to serve the data on your domain. Just wait for 24 to 48 hours and your website will be up and running.
There were many methods to install WordPress, but this method to install WordPress on cPanel is the simplest of all. If you face any problem with the WordPress after installation, then just reinstall WordPress you will be ready to go.
Remember, the minute details in the process will vary for different domain and hosting providers, the naming schemes may change but the basic fundamental process will remain the same.
Now that you are ready with your active website, still if you have any doubt’s regarding the installation then you can ask in the comments.