Whether you are playing online or off, you can find a variety of gambling games on offer at any given time. The good news is, Australians have access to some of the world’s best casinos.
The country ranks amongst the world’s largest gambling nations and spends around $1,300 a year on casino games alone. The best part is that these casinos don’t charge any taxes on your winnings. Whether you’re into online poker, online casino slots, or online sports betting, you’ll find a game for you.
- The fact of the matter is that most of these games require some form of registration. It’s also worth noting that a number of these casinos are located right on the Australian coastline. You’ll also find casinos in Sydney and Melbourne.
- These casinos not on BetStop are packed with games and activities for all tastes and budgets. Some of the games are even accompanied by live entertainment. These casinos are also known for their friendly staff and their commitment to customer service.
- Despite the fact that these establishments are relatively new to the online gambling scene, their customer satisfaction and retention rates are exemplary.
- You’ll also find casinos offering a wide range of slots and table games. There are some nifty-looking games such as blackjack, poker, roulette, baccarat, and more. The casino might not be as snazzy as those found in Las Vegas, but you’ll still find some of the best table games on the planet.
- You’ll also find a large number of slots and table games offering progressive jackpots, which are best played with a large bankroll. Some of the best Aussie online casinos offer free sign-up bonuses. This is a great way to try out some of these games before you commit to an online casino for good.
- As with anything in life, you’ll have to be prepared to lose some of your hard-earned money. However, a reputable online casino should offer you a decent payout for your luck. You’ll also find that some casinos offer a number of promotions and bonuses, which can make your life easier. These offers might not be found in every online casino, but it’s worth checking out.
Offshore operators of poker and casino sites are not a priority for the government
Despite Australia’s booming internet gambling market, there have been no arrests of offshore operators of casino and poker sites. That is because there are no laws in place that prevent Australians from accessing offshore gambling services. However, the federal government may decide to step in and regulate land-based gambling in the future.
The Australian Government passed the Interactive Gambling Act (IGA) in 2001 to deal with the explosion of online gambling. The Act was passed in response to claims that existing legislation was inadequate. It imposed a number of regulations on online gambling services including banning marketing and promoting online poker. It also gave greater investigative and enforcement powers to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
In September 2017, the Interactive Gambling Amendment Act (IGAA) was passed, which largely extended the Act’s scope to online gambling. It also increased penalties and made it illegal for wagering operators to provide lines of credit to players. It also clarified the prohibition on using VoIP technology. The Act also expanded existing aiding and abetting offenses.
Although the federal government has not pursued offshore operators of poker and casino sites, the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (TRAC) and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) are responsible for deterring financial abuse. They are also involved in harm minimization programs for the gambling industry.
It is also important to report on the results of trade promotions and to adhere to the eligibility criteria for prizes.