If you are a person who keeps a clear record of your financial activities you would surely want to check your account balance regularly. And, you can check without much effort; there are many ways to check account balance. Among the major banks in India, Allahabad Bank also offers all these ways.
You can conveniently check your Allahabad Bank account balance through several methods. Firstly, internet banking allows you to log in and view your account balance online. Alternatively, you can use the Allahabad Bank mobile banking app to access your account details. For a quick check, visit any Allahabad Bank ATM, insert your debit card, and select the “Balance Inquiry” option. Registering for SMS banking or missed call banking enables you to receive your account balance via SMS by sending a simple text or giving a missed call from your registered mobile number. Additionally, you can contact Allahabad Bank’s customer care for assistance or visit a branch to update your passbook and view your balance. Some third-party online banking portals and apps may also offer the option to link and check account balances from various banks, including Allahabad Bank, providing flexibility in how you access your account information. In this article, we will discuss all these options in detail.
As of April 1, 2020, Allahabad Bank merged with Indian Bank, and all former Allahabad Bank customers are now Indian Bank customers. If you were previously an Allahabad Bank customer and wish to check your balance, you can do so by calling 8108781085.
Through Internet banking
To check your Allahabad Bank account balance through internet banking, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of Indian Bank using a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Then, go to the “Internet Banking” or “Online Banking” section on the bank’s website. Click on it to go to the login page.
- Enter your User ID and Password in the space provided for it. Some banks may also require you to enter a One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number or son bank may provide a verification picture.
- After you log in, you will see your internet banking dashboard. There on that dashboard, you will see an option “Account Summary”
- Click on that option to view your Allahabad Bank account balance or Indian bank balance.
- Always remember to log out of your internet banking account when you’re done for security reasons.
Through Mobile banking
As Allahabad bank was merged to Indian bank, customers can now have access to Indian bank mobile banking for Allahabad bank balance check.
Indian Bank offers a user-friendly and secure mobile banking application called IndOASIS, available for download on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. This app makes it easy for the customers to carry out a lot of banking activities conveniently through their smartphones.
To check your account balance through this option, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Download the app from your app store and install it.
- Log in with your credentials that is your user ID and password which you set.
- Find “Account Balance” on the dashboard.
- Choose the account you want to check if you have more than one account.
- The app will display your balance.
- Always log out after using for security.
There are also other services provided by the bank through Ind OASIS. Some of them are given below:
- Keeping track of your account activities, transaction history, and account statement.
- Paying bills, including utility bills, credit card bills, and water bills, among others.
- Shopping online at various e-commerce websites directly through the app.
- Exploring investment options such as insurance and mutual funds to grow your wealth.
- Conducting fund transfers to beneficiary accounts using NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS.
For larger amounts of money Fund transfer through cheque is preferable. And, again talking about cheques, there are various types of cheques such as bearer’s cheque, self cheque, account payee cheque, post dates cheque, traveller’s cheque, etc.
Here is how you can transfer fund using IndOASIS.
- Open the app and log in using your Indian Bank internet banking credentials, including your User ID and Password.
- Within the app, you will find some options for fund transfers such as NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer), IMPS (Immediate Payment Service), RTGS (Real-Time Gross Settlement), UPI (Unified Payments Interface)
- You have to choose the type of transfer you want to make based on your requirements. For example, you can select NEFT for standard transfers, IMPS for instant transfers, or RTGS for high-value real-time transfers.
- Then, provide the necessary details of the beneficiary, including their account number, name, bank name, branch name, and IFSC code.
- Specify the transfer amount. It is a good option to add a description or purpose for the transfer. It will be helpful for future record.
- Authenticate the transaction using methods such as OTP (One-Time Password), PIN, or biometric verification.
- After that the transaction will be processed, and you will receive a confirmation message.
- Always remember to log out of the app when you’re done with your transactions for security reasons.
Allahabad bank balance check through UPI apps
You can also check your Allahabad bank balance account through UPI apps like Gpay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc.
- First download any UPI app that you want to use and install it on your device.
- Open it and set up the app.
- After that, log into your account using the log in credentials.
- Now you will see the dashboard with several options and contacts of people.
- When you scroll down further, you will see an option, “check balance”.
- Tap on it. If you have more than one account linked with the app, you will be asked to select the one for which you want to check the balance.
- Select it and your account balance will be shown on your phone screen.
Allahabad bank balance check through phone call
To check your Allahabad bank (now Indian bank) account balance, you can call their customer care number. You will be connected to their pre-recorded voice and they will give you the directions. They will ask you to select your preferred language and also ask you to press certain numbers for the option you want. Select the number for balance enquiry and press it. You will receive your account information including your balance in an SMS sent to your registered mobile number.