Use a dependable rain gun sprinkler to water your lawn and crops effectively. Construction that is both strong and simple to utilize for healthy landscapes.
Rain gun sprinklers in Kenya
Rain gun sprinkler in Kenya is used for overhead irrigation. With an operating pressure ranging from 2.0 to 7.5 kg/cm2, the rain gun sprinkler is helpful for the irrigation of lawns, broad-acre crops, forestry, and orchards. Suppression of dust in mines and construction sites uses the device as well. The nozzle diameter ranging from 10 to 30mm saves farmers time and labour due to the availability to cover large areas.
Factors to consider when buying a rain gun sprinkler
There are a few factors to consider when purchasing a rain gun sprinkler in Kenya. The sprinkler head should be adjustable to manage the water flow, the range of the sprinkler should be suitable for the area being watered, and the sprinkler should be made of sturdy, rust- and corrosion-resistant material. In addition, the sprinkler should have a reliable and effective triggering mechanism and be simple to construct, disassemble, and clean.
For an informed decision, we provide the various types of rain gun sprinklers:
Impact rain gun
Circular motion (Partial or total 360 degrees)
Gear-driven rain gun (no flange)
Partial or complete circular motion controlled by gears and motors.
Flange rain gun
Flange system connecting the supporting stand and the water gun. They are used in high-pressure situations.
- Consider elements including the size and shape of the region to be watered, the water supply and pressure, and any impediments or obstructions when deciding where to place the rain gun.
- Build a safe basis for the rain gun that is level and firm, such as a concrete surface or a metal platform.
- Use a flexible hose or PVC pipe to connect the rain gun to the water source. If necessary, add a filter and a pressure regulator.
- Using the movable legs or nozzles on the sprinkler head, you may change the railgun’s angle and range to provide even coverage of the watered area.
- Test the rain gun to ensure it works properly, and make any necessary adjustments to the flow of water and triggering system.
To preserve the rain gun’s durability and efficiency, keep an eye out for any problems like clogging, leakage, or damage, and do regular maintenance like cleaning and lubricating.
Sprinkler head. It’s the top of the rain gun, where the water is sprayed as it waters the region. It has nozzles or a water turbine that regulates the direction and flow of the water.
Swivel joint. This sprinkler component enables it to rotate horizontally 360 degrees, guaranteeing that the water is spread uniformly throughout the watered area.
Tripod stand. The rain gun is supported and kept steady by this three-legged platform.
Wide area coverage
The rain gun sprinkler irrigates a large field at once with minimum labour and electricity. This is possible with the high-pressure feature. Additionally, insects get blown away.
Additional jet breaker
This is an add-on feature, depending on one’s preference. The jet breaker adjusts its droplet size and impact on plants, a feature favoring delicate crops. Uniform irrigation is made possible with this feature.
The interchangeability of nozzles suits irrigation for different crops and soil tags.
Before buying a rain gun sprinkler, one ought to consider various factors. This article guides your decision-making based on your preferences.